Thursday, January 20, 2011

Two weeks later

So it has been 2 weeks since we brought baby Gabe home.  It has been great!  Gabe had his first well baby check up the Monday following Gotcha Day and the doctor confirmed what we already knew, he is perfect.  We have settled into a great routine despite a lot going on.  Gabriel sleeps often still but I love it when he is awake and smiling.  Jon has the magic touch too, I love to watch Gabe watch Jon.  You can tell Gabriel is just as amazed with Jon and Jon is with Gabe.

My mom, Bobbie Jo (My brother's wife), and Erin (our niece) came to visit this week.  Everyone fell in love with Gabriel, Bobbie Jo is holding him as I type.  My mother works with children and it is so fun to see her light up holding her new grandson.  We took Erin and Gabriel to get pictures this past Tuesday.  They turned out great.  Gabriel slept through most of the photo shoot.  We got some pictures with both kids together and some separate.  I thought taking his clothes off may wake him up so we put Gabe was in a diaper cover and a teddy bear hat, they turned out so well.  I will scan them and add them when the pictures I ordered come in.

We have gotten tons of things from so many people.  Yesterday we received a play-mat and Gabriel loves it.  He bats his hands at the toys hanging from the poles above his head.  I can't wait to see him a bit older when he starts grabbing the toys.  It is so much fun to watch, he is really developing so quickly!  Today Gabe's crib and dresser is coming in, perfect timing too because we just finished painting his room.  We still need to put the clouds on the walls but I am waiting for the monkey decals to come in so I can make sure the clouds are the right size.

My family leaves tomorrow, it has been such a fast week but a great visit.  Next on our to do list is his 2 month well baby.  We have so many family and friends who plan on coming out to see our latest addition.  This whole process has been such a whirlwind and I have a feeling the whirlwind has only just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment