Monday, February 25, 2013

Transportation Playroom Round 1

I always said that I didn't see the point of playrooms and K wouldn't have one.  I lied.  Not on purpose, I just came to the realization that they do serve a purpose.  I always saw them as a place to store the excessive amount of toys that many children own.  This playroom will not be that, but it will be a place where he can learn a variety of things through play. It won't be a jumble of random toys, it will be an organized place where his imagination can run wild and free.  I know that sounds like an oxymoron, organized and imagination, but I want it to be organized so he can see the potential in each object in the room. I can't wait. He is really into everything that moves so I decided on transportation themed walls.  Here is what I accomplished this weekend. :)


 Here is the wall about halfway complete
 Finished product
 Wall 2 (I plan to put a chalkbord in the middle of this wall).
 Wall 3
 Wall 4 (Left)
Wall 4 (Right)
K saw the walls this morning and ran from one design to the other telling me the name of each one.  I was so happy to see his excitement.  I still need to by a few things to organize the room how I picture it but I am happy with how it's coming along.

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job! I'm sure he'll love it for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Let's hope so. It was fun but I want to be done painting for a bit.

    ReplyDelete