Wednesday, November 27, 2013

K's 3rd Birthday!

I can't believe that K is 3! We celebrated his birthday all weekend long and he love every minute! The video below was from Sunday morning. My brother's wife, Bobbie Jo, always buys balloons and makes a birthday pancake in the shape of her children's age and I love the idea. SO, we do the same. The video is just a few seconds after I opened Kane's door on his birthday morning. After he ate his pancakes, we went to Scheels because he is finally tall enough to ride on the ginormous ferris wheel. I have been waiting for him to be grow so we could ride it, because I knew he would love it, and he did. He had a great time. I am afraid of heights. I ride roller coasters, but ferris wheels are so slow and they rock, so they scare me to death. I powered through for Kane and I was so happy I did because he really enjoyed himself.


On Saturday we had a birthday party at My Gym with his friends and it really turned out fantastic. The kids had a great time. Kane was able to run around and release his energy. Kane-o usually won't wear a hat but he really liked the king crown. Maybe I need to get him one for dress up.

His theme was race cars. Here is a shot of the decorations. I really enjoy preparing everything but oh my, it takes a ton of time. I made stop light fruit skewers, sandwiches in the shape of cars, and used apple wedges and grapes to create apple cars. It was such a fun party to set up. 
 I don't do cakes so this cake was purchased. Kane loved it. We had to do the cake cutting pretty quickly after arriving because we were actually able to get Jon on Skype so he see Kane blow out his candles. It's a good thing we cut it early because I could not keep Kane away from it and I am so surprised there were not a million fingerprints on the cake when we cut it.

Just look at that sweet face! Cake cutting was pretty much the only thing he stopped for.


I can just hear him now, "My do it!". 

He rode this for a few minutes, got off, and then tried to convince all the other kids to get off too. 


Kane has amazing balance, he loved this beam. I should get him into tumbling.



Kane saw his friend Ro and said, "My best friend!". 


We had them set up a bounce house, you can just see the joy on Kane's face as it was being filled with air.
 Air filled bounce house = Happy Kane

These next few pictures was me trying to get a picture of all the kids at Kane's party. It was like herding cats. It was the best I could do. Maybe in a few years they will cooperate. 























No comments:

Post a Comment